Pages

Wednesday 20 February 2019

Chicken rice patties

At school, we decided to make some chicken rice patties. we learnt a lot about bacteria and mis en place. mis en place means the preparation of dishes and ingredients. Putting stuff in its place or everything in its place. This whole recipe went well because I didn't get sick "YAY". The only way this could have gone wrong was if we all got sick. but we didn't which was good. well, I didn't actually think anyone else in my group got sick but I didn't.

What did I learn?
I learnt about what mis en place means. another thing I learnt was that bacteria can spread in the time of 2 hours which means that roast chicken on sunday night that u left out to call may be off unless you put it in the fridge.

What will I do next time?
I will try to be with the same group of people. at least 2 people in my group actually knew where everything was but I am getting closer to knowing where most things were are in the room. another thing that we could have done was add more flavour because it didn't actually taste like anything. In my opinion, we needed more flavour (chives, salt, pepper, chilli, etc).

Here Are The Ingredients and The Method

Ingredients-
3 cups of jasmine rice (about 1 cup uncooked) half 2 cups
1 chicken breast
½ tablespoons of olive oil
1 large carrot half
3 spring onions stalk half 1-2
1 ⅔ grated mozzarella ¾

3 eggs half 2 eggs

Method-  
  1. Preheat oven 200 celsius
  2. Slice chicken in half widthways, so it'll cook faster
  3. Heat oil in a medium frying pan and cook chicken breast begins to brown
  4. Remove pan and shred chicken
  5. Grate carrot so you have at least a cup
  6. Finely slice spring onions
  7. Lightly beat the eggs
9.In a large bowl add cooked rice, chicken, carrot, spring onions, eggs and about 3/4s of the
cheese and mix well 

10.Spray muffin trays with cooking spray. Then spoon mixture into the trays.
Top with remaining cheese

11.Place in oven for 15 minutes until tops turn brown

10.Let them sit in trays for a few minutes before removing to rack to cool.
Use a knife to work around the edges of the rice patties to make removing them easier
the recipe should make at least 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.